By Saadia Malik, Mounia Lalmas, Norbert Fuhr (auth.), Norbert Fuhr, Mounia Lalmas, Saadia Malik, Zoltán Szlávik (eds.)
The final aim of many details entry platforms (e.g., electronic libraries, the internet, intranets) is to supply the perfect content material to their end-users. This content material is more and more a mix of textual content, multimedia, and metadata, and is formatted in keeping with the followed –W3C average for info repositories, the so-called eXtensible Markup L- guage (XML). while a lot of today’s info entry structures nonetheless deal with do- ments as unmarried huge (text) blocks, XML bargains the chance to use the inner constitution of records to be able to let for extra specific entry hence supplying extra particular solutions to person requests. supplying powerful entry to XML-based content material is as a result a key factor for the good fortune of those structures. the purpose of the INEX crusade (Initiative for the review of XML Retrieval), which was once manage at the start of 2002, is to set up infrastructures, XML try out suites, and applicable measurements for comparing the functionality of knowledge retrieval structures that objective at giving potent entry to XML content material. extra accurately, the target of the INEX initiative is to supply skill, within the type of a wide XML try assortment and acceptable scoring tools, for the overview of content-oriented XML retrieval systems.
Read or Download Advances in XML Information Retrieval: Third International Workshop of the Initiative for the Evaluation of XML Retrieval, INEX 2004, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, December 6-8, 2004, Revised Selected Papers PDF
Best international conferences and symposiums books
This quantity includes the textual content of the 5 invited papers and sixteen chosen contributions offered on the 3rd overseas Workshop on Analogical and Inductive Inference, AII `92, held in Dagstuhl citadel, Germany, October 5-9, 1992. just like the past occasions, AII '92 used to be meant to assemble representatives from a number of learn groups, particularly, from theoretical computing device technology, man made intelligence, and from cognitive sciences.
This publication constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the tenth overseas Symposium on Methodologies for clever structures, ISMIS'97, held in Charlotte, NC, united states, in October 1997. The fifty seven revised complete papers have been chosen from a complete of 117 submissions. additionally integrated are 4 invited papers. one of the subject matters coated are clever details platforms, approximate reasoning, evolutionary computation, wisdom illustration and integration, studying and data discovery, AI-Logics, discovery platforms, info mining, question processing, and so forth.
This quantity constitutes the lawsuits of the 3rd overseas Workshop on Static research (WSA`93), held in Padova, Italy, in September 1993. The aim of the overseas workshop sequence WSA is to function a discussion board for the dialogue of some of the points of static research in various programming paradigms.
This quantity comprises the papers offered on the thirteenth overseas Symposium on String Processing and knowledge Retrieval (SPIRE), held October 11-13, 2006, in Glasgow, Scotland. The SPIRE annual symposium presents a chance for either new and confirmed researchers to offer unique contributions to parts corresponding to string processing (dictionary algorithms, textual content looking, development matching, textual content c- pression, textual content mining, common language processing, and automata-based string processing); info retrieval languages, purposes, and overview (IR modelling, indexing, rating and ?
- Trends in Enterprise Application Architecture: VLDB Workshop, TEAA 2005, Trondheim, Norway, August 28, 2005, Revised Selected Papers
- Building Online Communities with Phpbb 2: A Practical Guide to Creating and Maintaining Online Discussion Forums with Phpbb, the Leading Free Open Source Php/Mysql-Based Bulletin Board
- Articulated Motion and Deformable Objects: First International Workshop, AMDO 2000, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, September 7-9, 2000. Proceedings
- Security and Privacy in Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks: Third European Workshop, ESAS 2006, Hamburg, Germany, September 20-21, 2006, Revised Selected Papers
- Web Services and Formal Methods: Third International Workshop, WS-FM 2006 Vienna, Austria, September 8-9, 2006 Proceedings
- Genetic Programming: 10th European Conference, EuroGP 2007, Valencia, Spain, April 11-13, 2007. Proceedings
Additional resources for Advances in XML Information Retrieval: Third International Workshop of the Initiative for the Evaluation of XML Retrieval, INEX 2004, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, December 6-8, 2004, Revised Selected Papers
6 The Pitfalls of Queries The minus sign (-) maintains two meanings; it is used for both exclusionary terms and negative numbers. For the purpose of clarity, 12 and -12 are numbers. By inserting a space (represented as ‘ ’ in this paragraph) between the - and the 12 (- 12), the meaning is changed to exclusionary. “Don’t search for the number -12” can be expressed as - -12 or - -12. Equally, - - 12 is an error. 5 The Content and Structure (CAS) Query CAS queries can take three possible forms: //A[B] Return A tags about B //A[B]//C Return C descendants of A where A is about B (used in INEX’02) //A[B]//C[D] Return C descendants of A where A is about B and C is about D A and C are paths whereas B and D are ﬁlters.
61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. A. Trotman and B. ,automation +vehicle)] Narrowed Extended XPath I (NEXI) 39 77. ,legislation)] 78. ,"Information Retrieval" student)] 79. ,database)] 80. ,"clock synchronization" "distributed systems")] 81. //fm//atl, databases)] 82. //fm//au,kim)] 83. , "data mining" "frequent itemset")] 84. ,overview "distributed query processing" join)] 85. //p, VR "virtual reality" "virtual environment" cyberspace "augmented reality")] 86. ,mobile electronic payment system)] 87.
It was downloaded by 13 IP addresses; discussion with some INEX participants suggests it was also used. The decrease of errors in CAS topics is considered a sign of NEXI success; however, there are still areas that need addressing. During 2003, the topics underwent 12 revisions over a period of 38 days. In 2004, it took only 7 revisions, but 41 days. One can but hope that in future years topics are submitted correctly and on time. 3 The Future NEXI was, by design, the simplest query language that could possibly work.
Advances in XML Information Retrieval: Third International Workshop of the Initiative for the Evaluation of XML Retrieval, INEX 2004, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, December 6-8, 2004, Revised Selected Papers by Saadia Malik, Mounia Lalmas, Norbert Fuhr (auth.), Norbert Fuhr, Mounia Lalmas, Saadia Malik, Zoltán Szlávik (eds.)